One of the most powerful ways you can create positive change for children and families experiencing crises such as homelessness is to lend your voice!
Each year, Wellspring Family Services supports legislation that advances the safety, stability and well-being of homeless children and families in King County and across Washington State. We invite you to learn more about our legislative priorites and to share your support for these priorities by contacting your legislators!
How to Contact Your Legislators
Contacting your legislators is a surprisingly easy process. Our state representatives and senators want to hear from you! For many legislators, just a handful of calls or emails is enough for them to take interest in an issue.
The first step is to learn the name of your state senator and state representatives. To find your legislators by district, click here.
The next step is to email or call the offices of your senator and/or representatives. In your communication, be sure to include the following four points:
- Your name, and where you live (Hi, I’m ____, and I live in your district)
- The Group or Agency you’re supporting (Wellspring Family Services)
- The issue you wish to call to their attention (select Legislative Priority)
- What you would like them to do (Please vote for...)
- Ask them to please stay informed
For more information on how to get involved and stay informed on Wellspring advocacy updates and opportunities, please email Kelly Pearson, Chief Development Officer, or call 206.902.4231.