We are so inspired by the local businesses that are stepping up to help homeless children and families by hosting a donation drive this holiday!
One of these partners is Ratio, who first learned about Wellspring through the wonderful leaders and staff at BuzzBee, who continue to bring new community partners to our Giving Together campaign.
Ready to lend a hand with Buzzbee’s recommendation, Ratio was excited to incorporate Wellspring into its inaugural Ratio Winter Games, which invites staff to give back to their community through a variety of workplace competitions. The Games are a great example of how a business can weave team-building, morale, and...
Going back to school can be as stressful for a parent as it is for a child. With the arrival of the new school year comes the need to adjust daily routines. Fortunately, there are some simple ways that parents can take control to ensure a smooth back-to-school transition.Back-to-School Quick Tips for Parents
- Re-establish bedtime and mealtime routines, preferably a few weeks before the first day of school. Also, help your child organize their clothes, lunch, and backpack for each school day. By establishing routines, your child will readily adapt to their new schedule, making any change more bearable.
- Visit the school with your child before classes start if possible. This reduces the enormity of the transition and helps your child feels more secure in a new and unfamiliar environment.
- It’s a new school year...
Samuel Taylor is an enthusiastic man with a contagious laugh and a mile-wide smile.Samuel STP 4.jpg
A new Wellspring supporter, he recently completed the Seattle-to-Portland Bicycle Classic (“STP”), a distance of more than 200 miles, and dedicated the journey to Wellspring Family Services.
Samuel was introduced to Wellspring at this year's Powerful Change Luncheon. Invited by a friend, he begrudgingly gave up a beautiful day of biking to attend the event but ended up inspired and motivated to generate his own powerful change.
Moved by Wellspring’s work with homeless families and specifically,...
Employee Assistance Programs have risen in popularity over the last couple of decades as a strategy for employers to create a healthier, stronger workforce, and in doing so, increase their bottom line.
When an employer offers an EAP benefits to its employees, research shows an increase in employee retention, a reduction in employee turnover and absenteeism, and an increase in employee morale and productivity.
Increasingly, EAP’s are incorporated into an employer’s health benefits package. In fact:
- Due to their proven success, EAP’s have seen considerable growth, with 35% of companies maintaining these employee services in 1985 to nearly 75% currently.
- EAP’s have seen a benefit-cost ratio of up to 26:1 for employers, and have helped to provide employment stability for the work force, representing a significant return on...